1. Thanks to all of our many parents and volunteers who brought in tasty treats this past Tuesday and for Heidi Doyle for organizing all of it. The staff was very appreciative and grateful with the impressive array of snacks!
2. Please send in head phones or ear buds with your child to keep in their desks if you have not already done so. At times our students require head phones to listen to programs on the computer without distracting their peers. We have had some concerns with lice this year and if students have their own head phones this will limit the spread of these critters.
3. We are still collecting jackets for “Jacket Racket” in a box at the front of the school. Please check your closets for coats and jackets that your child no longer needs. We are also taking requests for our students that need a warm jacket through this program. This year we will also take request for Boots. If your child needs warm boots or a jacket, please email or call Mrs. Prevette and she will put in the request to the organizations “Boots for Kids and/or Jacket Racket” email@example.com or 403 777-8430.
4. We will once again have our Grandparent Reading starting October 13, 2015. This is a commitment to reading to our grade one and grade two students once a week, every Tuesday. Through the Parent Café discussions at our Parent /Teacher Conferences, we discovered what a significant impact this has had in the past for our young readers’ love of reading. If you would like to be involved in this please email Darren Toews or Renee Prevette. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
5. At times our little ones have accidents and wet their pants. We like to have a change of clothes for these students and we are in need of pants in sizes 5 – 10 as our supply has recently dwindled down. If you have any clean pants this size please send them to our office so we can have some clothes during these times.
6. We had great weather for our reading in the Wild Woods all this week. We would like to thank all of our readers for making this a memorable event for our participating students. We encourage all of our families to take time this long weekend to do some reading outside and enjoy the fantastic fall weather J
Have a great long weekend and enjoy holiday Monday with friends and family!
Darren and Renée