1. Next Monday, January 11th there is no school for students as it is a Professional Learning Day.
2. Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-2017 school year begins on Monday, January 11th. Registration starts at 8:10 – 2:28; staff will be available to assist you if needed. There will be extra opportunities to complete registration on Tuesday evening (January 12th - 6:30 – 8:00.) Kindergarten registrations will then be available during regular school times. Children born March 2, 2011 to March 1, 2012 will be eligible to register. Please spread the word to neighbours, friends and family about our Kindergarten registration. Kindergarten Open House will be on May 4, 2016. Further information to follow.
3. Next Tuesday evening - January 12th, there will be a special presentation on Supporting your child’s literacy and reading. All families that have an interest in teaching your child to read are welcome to attend.
6:30 – 7:15 - Presentation by our Kindergarten team to talk about “Supporting your child’s literacy development” , followed by: 7:15-8:30 - Parent Café conversations - Reading and Literacy
4. Mrs. Bakuska is looking for parent volunteers who are able to come in once a week to shelve books in our Library Learning Commons (1 hour or more per week). They must have a valid police security clearance. Please contact her if you love being around books and can help out at email@example.com.
5. Please see the attachment from our Early Learning Specialist on Understanding Anger in Children.
6. Please see the attachment from our Health Nurse, Jane Spice on Healthy Snacks.
7. Reading Tip #9 Rhyming games - Pick a word in the book. “This word is man. Can you think of a word that rhymes with man?” (For example, can, pan) Then make a silly sentence with the rhyming words. (The tan man ran to find the pan.)
Have a great weekend!
Darren and Renée