2. Thank you to Mrs. Connell and Mrs. Mitchell for the great day of “Carnival”. Thank you to Mrs. Singh for the great labouring over the hot stove for the Maple Syrup and to all our volunteers that helped. It was such a great day and without all the efforts of all involved it would not have happened!
3. Kokomo Beach is next Friday, Feb 26 at 6:00 pm. We are still short of volunteers and need help! Even if you can do one shift it would help immensely. The number of volunteers will determine the number of games we are able to offer our children and families. Please email Heather firstname.lastname@example.org to tell her what shift you would like!!!! We are getting close and need volunteers in time slots in order to plan the games!!!!
4. We are excited with the great donations that have happened for the Silent Auction. We will accept Cash, check or credit on that night at Kokomo Beach!
5. What Is New From Student Voice? So far, classes have reported a total of 1039 pairs of socks! There is just one more week to gather socks. If you have not brought in socks yet, there still is time. How AMAZING!!
6. Next Wednesday, February 24 isPINK SHIRT DAY. This is to bring awareness to Bullying. At Wildwood School we work hard with our students to use the Circle of Courage when we interact with each other. We are asking everyone to wear a Pink Shirt and to remember, be kind to everyone in our world. For more information see: http://www.erasebullying.ca/resources/resources-pink-shirt.php
7. Please see the attachment from our Health Nurse, Jane Spice.
8. Please see the Calgary Reads attachment.
9. Reading Tip – Alphabet Scavenger Hunt - Have an alphabet scavenger hunt to look for things that begin with each letter of the alphabet. You could look in a book, or list things in your home or community.
Have a great weekend!
Darren and Renée