1. School Council will be this Monday October 26 at 6:30. Our Grade three teachers will be sharing at this meeting. All parents and guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend! AGENDA HERE
2. The school library Learning Commons (LLC) is buzzing with activity as students borrow books to take home to read! This year, our school is based on a Day 1 to Day 6 calendar, so at times your child may have library book exchange on a Monday, but the following week it may be on Tuesday. Please check with your child’s teacher when their book exchange time is. Also, if students finish their books early, they are welcome to come down and exchange their books (with teacher’s permission). In the spirit of generosity, please help your child remember to return their books on time, so others can enjoy them. “Mr. Ginger: Taking care of library books”, is an excellent YouTube video to share with your child. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBC8HKSsK78 – Hilda
3. Bake Sale to raise money for the Buddy Bench, Wednesday October 28th
On Wednesday, October 28th, Student Voice is holding a bake sale to raise money for a Buddy Bench at Wildwood School. They would greatly appreciate any contributions to the Bake Sale, which can be brought on the afternoon of Tuesday, October 27th or Wednesday morning on October 28th, to Room 25(Staff Room). Please label all items ‘Student Voice Bake Sale’ and let us know who the donation is from (student name and class number) so that Student Voice can thank you.
4. On October 29 each classroom will be involved in Hallowe’en activities in the afternoon (with the exception of Kindergarten). For many children, Hallowe’en is a special celebration. However we recognize that not all parents are supportive of this event. Our Hallowe’en dress-up celebration is OPTIONAL. We request that costumes be non-violent and that no toy weapons come to school. All classes will also engage in a Hallowe’en Buddy Activity sometime next week.
5. Student Voice is still working with Kidz Inc. to collect food donations for the Calgary Food Bank over the next few weeks. Please donate to the boxes at the front of the school with non-perishable donations.
6. To raise funds for the Buddy Bench, Student Voice is holding a Carved Pumpkin display on Wednesday, October 28th. If your child wishes to participate, please have them bring their already carved and decorated pumpkin for display, plus a $2 participation fee, which will go towards our Buddy Bench. LED candles or lights only please. (Registration form can be picked up from classroom teacher.) Bring your carved pumpkin and fee to office Wednesday morning!
7. Reminder: Have you filled out the Reading Survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WildwoodParent
8. Wednesday Oct 28 some of our Wildwood students have signed up to attend a cross-country running event at River Park, hosted by Altadore School. Thanks to all our parent drivers and good luck to all our runners!
9. See the attachment for an easy reading tip for our young readers - Doing a Book Walk!
Have a great weekend,
Darren and Renée