1. There is no school tomorrow, Friday October 30 as it is a Professional Learning Day! Teachers will be working on developing the School Development Plan.
2. Thank you to Student Voice for the great bake sale and the pumpkin carving presentation. The Buddy bench will soon be a reality! A huge thank you to all the parents/guardians that provided baked goods for this event! It was truly like an old fashion bake sale!!
3. Thanks to our parent volunteers for their great support in classrooms today. Hallowe’en Buddy Activitiescreated a sense of belonging for our students!
4. Please see the attached Alberta Health Services Newsletter. Articles focus on Children and video games as well as food allergies.
5. Please see the attached newsletter from our Board of Trustees.
6. Family Oriented Programming is planning their first session at Wildwood School on Tuesday, November 10th. It’s going to be a session on early literacy and thought they would like to extend the invite to all Kindergarten families. The librarian from Calgary Public Library will be joining them with some stories, songs and finger plays for the children and information about CPL programming for the parents. They will have 4:30 – 5:30 pm and 6:00 – 7:00 pm time option.
7. Student Voice is still working with Kidz Inc. to collect food donations for the Calgary Food Bank over the next few weeks. Please donate to the boxes at the front of the school with non-perishable donations.
8. Reminder: Have you filled out the Reading Survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WildwoodParent We have only had 79 parents fill in the survey. It is a quick survey and will take just a few minutes of your time. Your information on Reading is so valuable to us and the work we do with your child/children.
9. An easy reading tip for our readers, “Read the book in a lively and engaging way using voices, gestures and expressions.”
10. Literacy can also happen in the form of theatre! Rapunzel is starting at Loose Moose on October 31 and runs until November 22nd. http://www.loosemoose.com/kids.htm
Have a Safe Halloween Everyone!
Darren and Renée